ITALY TRAVEL GUIDE: POSITANO + CAPRI
You guys know how everyone who a has travel bug in them has a bucket list of places they want to visit? I think I figured out what my version of it would be. It would be to visit every single coastline in the world. There is something about the beach and coastal living that makes me feel like I am in my natural habitat. The villages, the simplicity in their living, their food, their warmth and of course the sunsets. And I can't stress enough on how much more fun it was to live in an Airbnb, I really felt like I was living with my family. You will see what I mean in the pictures :).
Positano is a tiny village etched on a cliff overlooking the Mediterranean. Staying here really felt like it was living in a postcard. If you guys want to spend a good amount of time exploring the Amalfi coast, I really recommend making this your base. It's really easy to take day trips from here to various other towns like Sorrento, Amalfi and Ravello. Various boat companies even offer day trips to Capri from here.
The AirBnb we lived in had a humungous private terrace attached to our room and I used to wake up at 5 AM everyday, just cause I felt like I couldn't get enough of the terrace and the view ( of course i would crash again by 8am ;)). Honestly I could have spent my entire trip on that terrace sipping wine.
A trip to Da Adolfo is a must, it's almost like an all day event. Da Adolfo is this historic restaurant established by a world war II prisoner turned sailor . You can only get there by boat (they have their own boat that picks you up from the pier for free, look out for the red fish on the boat's mast). The views from here are spectacular and the food is to daaaieeee for!! Also don't forget to shop here for ceramic-ware and have lemon scented products.
Must Do :
- Relax on Spaggiana bach
- Day trip to Da Adolfo
- Hike to Nocelle
- If staying for long - Try the Path of Gods Hike
- Dat trips to - Amalfi , Sorrento , Ravello
- Explore the less crowded beaches
- Cafe Positano - Amazing for breakfast
- Il Capitano - for a dinner date with a view
- Le Sirenuse - Expensive but has great views
- Casa e Bottega - boutique hotel for healthy breakfast
- Ristorante Mediterrano
Oh my god, I have no idea where to start. This island blew me away and I did not want to leave. Most people take a day trip to capri from Positano but I would suggest staying here for a couple of nights. The views make you feel like you are on the set of a James Bond movie. And if you are into luxury goods this place beats fifth ave, New York any day. Capri town is the prettiest I have seen and is an insta addict's paradise.
Must Do :
- Hike down to La Fontelina - for lunch and a day at the beach
- Stroll around Capri town
- Shop for ceramics
- Boat trips around capri coast and Blue Grutto
- Rent a scooter and explore all the unseen beaches
- Explore Anacapri and the authentic restaurants
- LA Fontelina
- La Limonaia - set in the midst of lemon blossoms , the ambience is amazing
- Lido Del Faro - amazing views of the sunset
- Aperivito in any little place in capri town